PMEDC Now Accepting Applications for CHIRP Grants
The Pocono Mountains Economic Development Corporation (PMEDC) is now accepting applications for Monroe County’s COVID-19 Hospitality Industry Recovery Program (CHIRP). The program will offer a grant ranging from $5,000 to $50,000 to each eligible business within the hospitality industry that has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Eligible businesses must operate within Monroe County, PA, have fewer than 300 full-time employees and fall in the NAICS Code 721, Accommodations subsector or the NAICS Code 722, Food Services and Drinking Places subsector.
Monroe County Commissioner John Moyer commented, “The pandemic has had a severe impact on the hospitality industry here in Monroe County so we want to encourage as many eligible businesses as possible to apply.”
Additional eligibility includes:
- The business was in operation on February 15, 2020 and paid income taxes to the Federal and State government.
- The business remains in operation and does not intend to permanently close within one year of the date on their application for this program.
- The business has a maximum tangible net worth of not more than $15,000,000.
- COVID-19 has had an adverse economic impact on their business and the grant request will support their ongoing operations.
- The business agrees they will only be eligible for one grant under this program through June 30, 2021.
- If any prior COVID-19 related funding was awarded to the business, the expenses covered are deemed ineligible and the business must have additional expenses to submit.
“We will continue to take applications on a rolling basis until June 15, 2021 or until the money is all committed. Applications will be prioritized based on the percentage of revenue loss and whether the business received any prior COVID-19 support,” added Chuck Leonard, PMEDC Executive Director. “The intent is to help those who were hardest hit and have not yet received any financial support.”
Program specifics and required documentation are included in the CHIRP Program Guidelines and Grant Application that is available on the COVID-19 Business Resources page on PMEDC’s website, www.pmedc.com, or by calling the PMEDC office at (570) 839-1992.